Tuesday 19 November 2013

Magazine Preparation


For my magazine I have chosen to base it around the Indie Rock genre as this is my favourite music and also a one which was popular in my Music Magazine Survey. My magazine will also include other influences of music such as Indie and Rock. This type of magazine will also appeal to most teenagers.

The magazine I will make will include a front cover, contents page and a double page spread. For the front cover I will include an image which I have taken myself and a story which follows this image, I will also include other stories which will be featured in other parts of the magazine. My contents page will also include images I have taken myself with other stories alongside and page numbers etc. Finally my double page spread will include the main feature on my front cover, with more images I have taken which compliment the story. Left side third will also be a feature which will be shown on my magazine which will contain included stories in the magazine which should hopefully persuade my particular audience to buy the magazine.

The images for my magazine will be taken by me in my house. For my images I will get my friend to sit in a particular pose while I take pictures of her. I will ger her to pose what I think best suits my magazine, I will also style her hair and make-up to fit my magazine. To ensure this image is professional I will edit the image on photoshop and make sure it is of a suitable quality.

My magazine will be original as it’s my own images and it also contains three types of music which isn’t typically found in musc magazine. This also widens the range and audience it can be aimed at.
My target audience will be 16-25 year old, both male and female. My secondary audience will be both working class and lower middle class. This will result in my magazine being cheap so both social classes can afford it. It ill be aimed at these specific groups of people as these are most likely to buy the magazine and who will show more of an interest to this type of music. I have chose both male and female gender as both will be interested in what the magazine contains.
Due to the audience my magazine will range from around £1-2 as this is a price range which they will be able to affor which may entice the audience to buy it.

The people in my magazine will be represented in a similar way to which celebrities in magazines such as Q and NME are. They will be presented in a simple way which doesn’t take any focus away from the content of the magazine. My magazine will include things such as a cover line, a puff and a pug which are all features found on NME or Q, following a similar style.

I will make sure it looks professional by following a house style and small details such as a barcode and sponsors. I will use images which looks proffesional and I will also include proffesional details such as a masthead, a pug, puff, cover lines and sell lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment