Tuesday 26 November 2013

Double Page Spread (First Draft) & Explanation



Explanation
This is the first draft of my double page spread. 
For my double page spread I decided to go for a red, pink and white colour scheme to give a feminine representation relating to my primary audience of women. I included a pull quote, a heading and a drop cap to my double page spread to create a professional look and follow the typical conventional look of a music magazine. For my pull quote I used the word 'anything' and for the title I used 'nothing.' I used both of these words and bolded them to make them stand out among my page as these words provoke negative connotations and will therefore intrigue the reader to read on. To follow the genre of my magazine I had my model pose in a typical indie rock pose which is a well known pose to the genre and would therefore inform the reader of what type of music this magazine entails. I chose Sophie as my subject as I believe she best fit the stereotype for my genre. I chose to place her in a bright red outfit as this makes her stand out against the double page spread portraying the dominance needed for my magazine to reach the target audience. I decided to photograph Sophie in a medium shot in order to get the bright red outfit in to make her stand out amongst the text and keep her as the main focus of my magazine.

I chose to use American Purpose and Arial for this page as Arial is a simple and easy to read font which is why I used this for the main body of my text, so readers don't find difficulty or confusion in reading the text. I then used American Purpose as it's big, bold and stands out amongst anything therefore dragging readers attention straight to this text. This is also why I used American Purpose for the title of the DPS and the pull quote as if the reader is put off of this article for some reason they will be attracted to the pull quote and title from the use of American Purpose and will therefore hopefully be persuaded into reading the rest of the magazine from the use of the written language I have also used.
However I decided to use a different font for my introduction to the article, I used this so readers could distinguish where the start of the article and the introduction. I chose the font Bold & Blue for this as it was again simple to read however it stood out more against the article but didn't override the dominance of American Purpose therefore making it the best to use.

Overall I believe my magazine cover could do with some slight alterations to make it more professional but I believe my first attempt of a double page spread, is a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment