Thursday 7 November 2013

Font and Image Analysis For My Magazine

Images
For my front cover and double page spread I have chosen these two images along with the four fonts above.
I chose image 1 for my front cover as I thought it was a good image and gave a feminine representation which was what I was looking for. I also liked the image as it portrays a sort of sexual but sweet image which is an image that can only be held by a woman and I believed this would best attract my primary audience of women. I took image 1 in my bedroom against my door. I chose my door as it's a plain white background and would therefore be easy to edit the background to whatever colour/shape/size I wanted or needed. I took image 1 on a Monday the day before I started work on my magazine. When taking this picture I had a clear idea of what I wanted for my front cover and I was certain of what I wanted it to look like which is why both pictures fit my magazine perfectly.

I chose image 2 for my double page spread as this portrays the type of music my magazine is aimed at and best portrays the feminine image I am going for. I also chose this image as it's something different, it's not a typical pose and therefore helps maintain my magazine's unique representation. Image 2 was taken in my room against a red wall as this was the best place for the lighting and it gave the image something different to number 1. I took this image the same day as image 1 so again I knew what I was looking for, for my double page spread.
I chose image numbers 3 and 4 for my contents page. I chose number 3 as I thought this followed the sexual yet sweet representation shown in image one creating a sort of house-styele for the images. I also chose this as it's not a typical pose and therefore gives the magazine a unique look to it. This image is stereotypically feminine therefore attracting my primary target audience, another reason which I chose it. However as this image is very feminine and shows a sexual nature it will then attract my secondary audience of men. I took this image against my door as a close up photo as the door gave a plain background making it easier to edit. I decided to take the image close up to focus on my subjects features as I believe these are her best features and leave a number of connotations which can be made by my target audience from the way she looks.
I then chose image 4 as I believe this is a very musical image which keeps focus on the main aspect of the magazine. I also chose it because it follows the same colour scheme of my three previous images despite how it's a different subject. This image denotes the simple idea of music bringing simplicity to my magazine which the other three images don't do. I took this image on my bed as this gave the best light for the image and the colour of the bed matched the subjects nails and hair giving a theme to the image. I took both images the same day as image 1.
Fonts
I chose the font "Lighthouse" as my secondary font as it is well read and is very elegant which will add femininity to my magazine front cover. I will use this font throughout my magazine to create a feminine house-style. I believe this font best portrays elegance, beauty and a classic look and feel to the magazine. These are also all words associated with women which attracts the primary audience of women.
I chose "American Purpose" as my main font as it is simple and bold which attracts attention to it. As well as being bold and simple meaning it is easily read, it looks professional and sophisticated giving my magazine a sophisticated and professional look to it. This font also looks good at any angle, size and in any colour meaning it can easily be edited and changed around to fit my magazine exactly how I wanted it without making my magazine lose any sophistication or professionalism about it and making the font still readable to the audience. This font appears as a superior font instantly attracting the audience.
I then chose "Harabara" as it will give the magazine front cover something different. Although the font is of a similar style to "American Purpose" it features a more rounded and friendly feel to it rather than just being a stand out font it is somewhat of a more smooth and elegant font from the way the words appear and are shaped.
Finally, I chose "Bold and blue" as it is a simple font which is easy to read for the audience.  This will be used for less superior stories in my magazine as it does not hold anything special. However the reason I chose this font for left over text as it will still stand out against the typical story font and therefore give my magazine something different.

No comments:

Post a Comment