Monday 11 November 2013

Magazine Flat Plan (Front Cover)

Front Cover Flat Plan:
For my front cover I have decided to follow a simple and traditional look for my magazine as I believe this would be the safest ideal to go for. By doing this, I believe it will help my magazine look professional and therefore stand out against most new magazines.
I have decided to place the name of my magazine in the left hand third as this is typically known as the place in which the eye is drawn to first making the name of my magazine recognisable and most likely to be remembered by the audience. I have also placed most of the stories on the left side third for this reason also, as the eye is attracted to them therefore resulting in the audience being more likely to read them and hopefully become intrigued and persuade them into buying the magazine.
My main image will take up the whole of the background image underneath the text as this is where it typically belongs and where I think is best to place it.
I have placed by banner along the bottom of the page alongside the bar-code as this isn't as important as the rest of the text however does contain important information for readers. It is placed at the bottom as a last persuasion tool for the viewer to buy it, if they didn't want to buy it before they read the feature banner, they hopefully would after reading it and finding out what content was inside the magazine.
The bar-code, price, issue number and date are placed in the bottom right corner as this is typically where a bar-code is placed on a magazine giving my magazine a traditional look.
I have placed my puff in the top right hand corner as I thought it would help attract attention to the right hand side of the magazine where the third story is which would influence them to read the third story.
Finally, I decided to place my main story along the front of my magazine front cover as it want it to be the most predominant feature of my magazine as it's the most important. 

No comments:

Post a Comment